Monday, November 15, 2010

Church History Road Trip

Nauvoo Temple
Smith grave markers

Beautiful tree in Adam-Ondi-Ahman


Far West memorial



Liberty Jail




Max and I had the wonderful opportunity to go on a trip with Mom Neal. We piled in the SUV Monday morning and were on our way! The first stop on our trip was Liberty Jail. Next we traveled to Far West and Adam-Ondi-Ahman. We then spent 2 days in Nauvoo and finally we ended our "touring" in Carthage. We also stopped along the way and I got to see some of the places where Eric lived growing up, we stopped and ate the Dairy Queen that his family owned several years ago, and we got to see the St. Louis Temple. What a blessing it was to be able to see all of the places I have read and heard about growing up in the church. My testimony was strengthened as I "stood in Holy Places" and experienced feelings of gratitude for Joseph Smith and the early Saints and what they went through so that I could have the truthfulness of the Gospel in my life. Most of all, I so loved spending a week with mom and having time to get to know her and Max loved spending time with his Nana! The weather was cold but beautiful and trees were gorgeous!










1 comment:

Meredith said...

Ah so jealous! We did that road trip a couple years before we had Sydney and it was such a treat, I absolutely love all the Church history stuff. I think the highlight was the Nauvoo Temple, so amazing! Glad you had a great time, love all your pictures!