I have not been so good about my blogging lately. So much has happened. My sweet stepmother Marge passed away. We are so grateful that she was a part of our family even though it was a short amount of time. She was a kind, loving woman who loved to laugh and joke and who loved children. She brought a lot of joy to our lives and most importantly to our dad's life. They did for each what the other could not and what a blessing that was! After a trip to Utah and California to see dad and attend the funeral, we are back home and getting things ready for my dad to come and live with us.
We are excited to be able to spend time with him and learn from him. Max will have the benefit of having both of his grandpas close by and we are excited for the things he will learn from them. Dad is still very independent and will enjoy making new friends here in Texas and getting to know the area. He is in the process of recording his life history and I look forward to helping him with that project. There are so many things to be learned!
Since the passing of my own sweet mother 10 years ago, many things have happened and there has been tears of joy and tears of sadness as life has progressed, but one of the things I have learned through these experiences is how truly blessed I am to have a Testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that there are many more experiences to come in this life and many lessons to be learned and I am grateful for the joy of the journey! When all is said and done, family and friends are the cherished possessions of this earthly life.......things purchased with money are nice to have, but having an Eternal prospective is where the true happiness is found.
1 comment:
Amen, sister! ;) I'm excited to meet your Dad, that will be fun for y'all to have him close - Grandparents are the best! I bet Max with LOVE it!
Post a Comment